100% Pure Organic Tamanu Oil | Unrefined / Virgin | Imported From Tahiti
Color: Dark Green
Process: Cold Pressed
Ingredients: Organic Unrefined Tamanu Oil
INCI: Calophyllum Inophyllum
Product Of Tahiti
Tamanu is a viscous oil. Use sparingly.
Measured by volume not weight. All bottles are sealed. These products come in a food grade plastic bottle. Specifically designed not to degrade the oils.
Tamanu was featured on Dr Oz in a segment called Cures from Around the World where he mentioned its anti-acne benefits and scar reduction.
Tamanu is a shrub that is native to Polynesia and South East Asia. The tree produces berries that have thin flesh and a big nut inside. The essential oil is made from these nuts. The oil has
brilliant green color oil, a nutty aroma and exerts several significant benefits.
The oil has been successfully used in the treatment of arthritis. It helps reduce swelling and inflammation, lubricates the joint, and diminishes pain and stiffness. Used to manage psoriasis, it greatly reduces the itching and burning associated with the disease. For centuries, the people of the South Pacific have been using this sacred pure tamanu oil for its natural healing properties. It is a remarkable topical healing agent, with antineuralgic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibiotic and antioxidant properties.
Tamanu oil can be used as a deodorant and anti-perspirant as well.
Tamanu Oil benefits for Skin
Tamanu oil is widely used to manage various skin conditions and ailments.
- It encourages rapid growth of new cells, and repairs skin tissues.
- It rejuvenates the skin, eliminates dead cells and promotes rapid healing.
- Acne, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, are some of the skin ailments that can be effectively handled.
- The native have been using the oil to cure a host of health conditions and chronic disorders.
- Tamanu oil has wonderful healing properties. It helps speedily heal wounds, burns and bruises.
- It has been used in the effective management of injuries.
- It is a powerful anti-bacterial and also exerts anti-inflammatory properties, thus alleviating swelling and pain.
Tamanu Oil Benefits for Hair
Tamanu oil promises luxuriant and beautiful hair. It nourishes the scalp, moisturizes the hair shaft and checks hair fall. It is also beneficial in the management of dandruff. A regular oil massage, at least twice a week is recommended. It should be used as a weekly condtioning treeatment.
How To Use: Wet hair thoroughly. Apply tamanu on scalp genly massage it towards the end of hair. Cover your head with a shower cap / old towel (we do not recommend using good towels for this part). Allow hair to rest for 30 minutes. Gently unwarp hair and wash thoroughly.