Pure Organic Sweet Basil Essential Oil - Imported From France
- Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Country Of Origin: France
- Method Of Extraction: Steam Distillation
- Color: Pale yellow to amber color liquid
- Flash Point: 167 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Geranium, Lime, Lemon, Hyssop, Juniper, Eucalyptus, Neroli, Marjoram, Rosemary, and Lavender.
- Aromatic Scent: Has a sweet-spicy, fresh aroma with a faint balsamic woody undertone
- Methyl Chavicol: 71.8%
- Linalool: 20.46%
- Ingredients: Pure Organic Ocimum Basilicum
- Shipped in an amber glass bottle with a built in dropper.
What are the Plant Properties? Antispasmodic, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxant, antiseptic, decongestant (prostate, lungs, veins), stimulant (digestive, liver, adrenal cortex and nerves).
What are the Documented Basil Benefits and Uses? Migraines, insect bites, throat/lung infections, mental fatigue, dandruff, aches and pains, insomnia, depression, anxiety, bronchitis, insect repellant (housefly and mosquito) and bites.
The health benefits of basil essential oil include: Its ability to treat nausea, motion sickness, indigestion, constipation, respiratory problems, diabetes, bee stings, etc. Basil oil is also a good source of Vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, iron, and calcium.
What are Essential Oils? Essential oils are the volatile liquids of the plant. They are obtained from properly distilling any part of the part including the seeds, roots, bark, stems, leaves, fruit, flowers or branches! Distillation through steam is a very slow process and is carried out at low temperatures to maintain the quality and therapeutic benefits of the oil. Distillation temperatures, length of time the oil is distilled and the type of condenser used all have an enormous impact on the quality of the oil!
Information on this site is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. A decision to use/not use this information is the sole responsibility of the reader. Please see your doctor or health care professional for medical evaluation.