100% Pure Unrefined Organic Monoi de Tahiti Oil - Imported From Tahiti
Scent: Characteristic (No Fragrance Added)
Process: Cold Pressed
Ingredients: Organic Unrefined Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Gardenia Tahitensis Extract, Tocopherol, & Organic Helianthus Annuus Oil (Sunflower)
Product Of Tahiti
Measured by volume not weight. All bottles are sealed. These products come in a food grade plastic bottle. Specifically designed not to degrade the oils.
Excellent For All Skin & Hair Types
Since it was first created thousands of years ago, monoi oil is still produced the same way today–by combining pure coconut oil with fresh Tahitian gardenia flowers, adding additional properties to the oil.
To start, the oil is created by gathering coconuts from the Polynesian island tree, which flourishes in the South Pacific. The coconuts are gathered, split, and left to dry in the sun. This is when the kernel of the coconut is harvested and left to dry until it loses almost all of its moisture. The kernel, now dried, is perfect for oil extraction. Combining the coconut oil with the Tahitian gardenias is no easy–or quick–task. First, the dried kernel is crushed, pressed, and filtered to extract the pure oil. Once the oil is filtered, the fresh coconut oil is then stabilized with vitamin E. The stabilized oil is left to mature until it is selected to be used by prospective buyers or consumers. Once this occurs, the monoi oil enters the final process. Tahitian gardenia flowers are placed into the coconut oil, where the natural properties of the flower are absorbed by the oil. It’s by no means a fast process–it can take two weeks for the absorption process to occur. After the flower is properly absorbed, the oil is ready to be used, either as a hair conditioner or a hair restoration treatment.
The hair has great benefit from using Monoi Oil, which can be used daily on dry and damaged hair, focusing on the ends. Or give the hair a intense deep treatment by using the oil as a hair mask, before shampooing. Monoi Oil can also be used as body oil, massage oil and even bath oil for its relaxing scent and moisturizing effects on dry skin. Suitable for all skin types, Monoi Oil even serves the most sensitive (baby) skin. Also monoi oil is extremely suitable as tanning product. Apply the oil during sun exposure to intensify your tan.
Monoi Oil Benefits Overview:
- It can reverse hair frizz. Lauric acid, a special acid you’ll only find in coconut-derived oils, such as monoi oil, is special because it actually penetrates the hair shaft, smoothing the hair follicle. In turn, it has also been shown to prevent protein loss, keeping the hair follicle strong–even when brittle or dry.
- While monoi's coconut oil foundation -- which is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin E and free radical-fighting antioxidants -- makes for strong skin-moisturizing ability, the tiare flowers used to create the oil contain methyl salicylate, lending it anti-inflammatory properties. Research from the nonprofit Institut du Monoi indicates that 28 days of monoi use bolsters skin elasticity by about 27 percent. In addition to moisturizing and soothing the skin, Elle's executive beauty editor April Long says that monoi lends the skin a gentle glow.
- Protects, nourishes and conditions your skin and hair
- Multi-tasking formulation also treats dry skin patches, fine lines and uneven skin tone. Leaves your skin with a healthy looking glow and light scent
- Penetrates quickly and protects against dehydration
- Easily absorbs into your skin so will not leave a greasy residue
- Great as a hair treatment for dry and thinning hair
- Hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic (will not clog your pores)